Mary, Undoer of Knots by Ann Walker
There are times in our lives when we feel like we are stuck in a situation. How do we proceed so that we can move forward with positivity towards a successful resolution? How do we untie the knots in our lives? Most often, all we need to do is start with P R A Y E R! It may be something as simple as, “Mother Most Pure, I come to You today to beg You to undo this knot in my life….”
Just like unwrapping a present, our Mother Mary helps us to undo the problems that try to keep us tangled up in confusion. We need to tear off the wrapping paper to get to the present inside. One of the best gifts is the Rosary. Mary has provided 15 Promises for those who pray the Rosary:
- Those who faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The recitation of the Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish. It will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God. It will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- Those who recite my Rosary devoutly, applying themselves to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. In His justice, God will not chastise them; nor shall they perish by an unprovided death, i.e., be unprepared for Heaven. Sinners shall convert. The just shall persevere in grace and become worthy of eternal life.
- Those who have a true devotion to the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who faithfully recite the Rosary shall have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plenitude of His graces. At the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- By the recitation of the Rosary, you shall obtain all you ask of me.
- Those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of their death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my beloved children and the brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
- Devotion for my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
How does that sound as a perfect gift?! There’s no need for exchanges. If you decide to share the gift with others, it can be given away while keeping it at the same time. Pretty cool!
What happens if our prayer life runs a little dry? I have found various times when I have indulged in a little self-pity over the answers I feel like I’m getting. Is God really listening? Then, after I rethink some things, I decide it is time to buckle down, put my armor on, and immerse myself in some real package opening--which begins with prayers. What happens if I still don’t have an answer to my questions? What if my knots are still left untied? You might find me quietly (or loudly!) sighing… but I am relieved to know that I have gained some graces for the prayers I have said. So, I am winning no matter what! I know that an answer will eventually come to me when it is supposed to.
When we pray to Mary, we are asking Mary to go to Her son, Jesus and present our situations to Him. God has many gifts that are waiting to be unwrapped. Unfortunately, we might not always recognize the gifts we have been given. Sometimes, we are given suggestions for improvement, but we choose to respond to our problems in other ways. God gives us the free will to do as we choose. If we try to stop and really listen to what is being asked of us, the answers can suddenly become clear.
Most likely, we need to make a change, and it isn’t always easy. We might need to remove ourselves from a certain situation. We might need to place ourselves into another setting. All we need to do is to trust that—if we are trying to respond in a positive way—that God will know what we are trying to accomplish. He will be with us and give us the strength to get through whatever we are facing.
I have been reading more about being grateful. I think that being grateful can help answer some questions we might not even know we have. We can offer prayers of thanks for the many blessings we already have received. Another prayer can be in thanks… something like, “Thank you, God, for the many blessings you have bestowed on me. I might desire to have something that is not yet within my grasp, but I am grateful for what you have done for me thus far. Thank you, Mary, for walking beside me as I navigate some challenges. Thank you for opening my eyes and unclouding my vision. If I falter, please help me to get back on the right path."
Don’t forget that Gospa Missions has the “Our Lady’s Power Hour” – a virtual Rosary prayer group on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EDT. We pray through the mysteries of the Rosary using the Scriptural reflections written by our founder, Thomas Rutkoski, in his book, “My Scriptural Rosary” (and read by Tom’s wife, Mary Rutkoski). Afterwards, His Excellency Bishop Joseph Strickland will offer a reflection and blessing.
Always remember that our mother, Mary wants to help us untie our knots. She is waiting. We just need to ask.- By Ann Walker